The Phantom's Theater Phorum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Phantom's Theater Phorum

Welcome to the Forum! Here we can discuss the various versions of The Phantom of The Opera! Share photos, thoughts, and stories! Welcome!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Translations of Leroux's "Le Fantôme"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
IamErik771
Admin
IamErik771

Translations of Leroux's "Le Fantôme" Empty
PostSubject: Translations of Leroux's "Le Fantôme"   Translations of Leroux's "Le Fantôme" I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2015 4:12 pm

So far, there have been six English translations of Gaston Leroux's novel that started it all. There have also been numerous translations in other languages. In this topic, we can discuss the different translations -- their strengths and weaknesses, which ones you've read and which are your favorites, and more!
Back to top Go down
SylentPhantom
Admin
SylentPhantom

Translations of Leroux's "Le Fantôme" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Translations of Leroux's "Le Fantôme"   Translations of Leroux's "Le Fantôme" I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2015 5:36 pm

I would love to get some sort of write up on the differences between them. For instance the translations that have the missing scissor scene and Christine's inner dialogue that was in the original French and ones that don't. I think that would be a great discussion. We can also reference POTO magazine as well.
study
Back to top Go down
http://phantomstheater.weebly.com

Translations of Leroux's "Le Fantôme"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Phantom's Theater Phorum :: Literature & Written Word. :: Gaston Leroux's "Le Fantôme de l'Opéra"-
Jump to: